Sunday, September 12, 2010

January 31, 2010: The Journey Begins

The last weekend of January brought another winter storm to eastern North Carolina in what turned out to be one of the coldest winters we've had in years


As Erin had to work this particular weekend, I planned on taking her to work so that she didn't have to fight poor road conditions.


As she was getting ready for work, I was in the den working when I heard, "Chris.....come here!"


As has often been the case, I figured she'd found a bug in the bathroom that she needed for me to dispose of.  I walked into the bathroom, and she pointed toward the shower.  I walked over to the shower, looked around and said, "What?  I don't see anything over here."


She pointed at the sink, and there I finally saw a stick.  I picked it up, looked at it, and noticed that it had a "+" showing.  I immediately looked at Erin, sat down on the toilet (b/c it was the nearest seat to me), looked back at Erin, and asked, "What does that mean?"


After running to the drug store that morning to buy a brand name pregnancy test, and two positive tests later, we realized (as much as we could) that we were now in a whole new category....life was about to change......FOREVER!



No comments:

Post a Comment